Length of Time?
We will provide a Comprehensive Phase I GeoEnvironmental Desk study including a Site Walkover Survey report within 6 working days of receipt of payment, the completion time is however subject to gaining access to site to conduct the walkover survey.
In most cases we will try to consult with the relevant local authority Contaminated Land or Environmental Unit. Sometimes a response cannot be obtained within such a short timeframe and therefore we may have to send the detail of this consultation separate from the report.
A Basic Report can usually be issued within 1 working day of receipt of payment.
What is Included?
Our reports constitute an INTERPRETATIVE report that will have objectives tailored to the objectives provided by the client. The report will provide recommendations with respect to the development proposals in light of the appraisal of risk and hazards posed by environmental and geotechnical conditions.
A site walkover survey will be conducted as part of each report as we consider this to be a fundamental part of the delivery of a successful project. During the walkover survey we will assess areas identified within the desk study as potential development issues, environmental and cost liabilities, potential remedial options or management considerations.
Following the desk study and walkover survey a Site Conceptual Site Model can be developed which will allow for environmental and geotechnical hazards to be individually assessed. Any potential pollutant linkages can then be prioritised for any future Phase II Site Investigation.
As part of each a comprehensive report we will provide the following datasets:
- Ordnance Survey, Town Plans and Aerial Photographs to allow us to assess existing and former land uses
- Flood risk potential by reference to Environment Agency mapping and British Geological Survey records
- Solid and drift geology by reference to British Geological Survey mapping and borehole index
- Groundwater vulnerability from Environment Agency classification of aquifer status
- Earthquake records within 1km of site by reference to British Geological Survey records
- Consultation with local authority Environmental Unit
- Assessment of potential subsidence issues from examination of geological maps, boreholes index and walkover survey
- Assessment of slope stability for relevant areas during walkover survey
- Brine Subsidence search for sites within relevant areas
- Active and historical surface and underground workings based upon published information and internal records
- Coal Authority Mining Report if site is within Mining District
- Active and closed landfill search within 500m of the site boundary based upon local authority and Environment Agency records
- Radon gas potential with reference to Heath Protection Agency records
- Preliminary Ecological Assessment based upon walkover survey and references to English Nature database
- Petroleum Licencing Officer record search for sites with evidence of petroleum storage
- Planning history of site by examination of local authority portal
- Preliminary Invasive Plant survey based on walkover survey
- Preliminary Archaeological Assessment based on reference to National Monument Records
What do we not provide?
A service search will not be provided unless requested.
Our reports are provided by in PDF format via email.
Information and Actions Required from You
- A plan showing the site boundary or area of interest. Our website has a file uploading facility that could be used to facilitate the sending of a PDF file (must be less than 50mB).
- Tell us the reason for the survey, is it a pre-acquisition assessment etc.
- Do you own the site?
- Are there any underground or above ground fuel storage tanks?
- Are you planning to build on site, if so what. Can you send us a development layout plan?
- Who do we contact for access as part of walkover survey?
- Are there any obvious health and safety hazards on site.
- Can you tell us anything about the current site use and former land uses?
- Any former pollution incidents that we should be aware of?
- Is there a pre-existing site investigation study on the site?
- Are there any services. If so can you send us the detail? If disconnected are they terminated at site boundary?